Sunday 23 September 2012

Dope by Derrick Newson


Written and performed by Derrick Newson

Do I look like a drug dealer?
Well, I didn't think so either.
But there I was in this little town of Karlshamn in Southern Sweden.
I'd just enjoyed a meal of flounder in a cream and cheese sauce
Sitting on a bed of mashed potato
Flounder on a bed of mashed potato. Pic: Derrick Newson
Washed down by a bottle of Moselle Reisling.

 Afterwards I was walking back to the hotel
Through the deserted main square
When I noticed this boy
No more than sixteen
Tall, thin, fair with the obligatory sad blue eyes.
He was wearing a woolly pale grey track suit,
Soft to the touch I am sure

I noticed him but I just walked on
Down the cobbled street towards the hotel.
A minute or two later
There he was tapping my shoulder
Asking whether I had something to sniff.

Quick as a flash I thought of my cock
Very sniffable I always think.
But I politely said no.
Disappointed he disappeared around the corner.

He seemed a decent soul,
Which is more than can be said of me.
And there I was left alone
With nothing to offer but an old body
And the experience of being mistaken as a dealer in drugs.



No comments:

Post a Comment